Over 500 senior HR leaders have once again given up their time to share with Fosway, Europe’s #1 HR industry analyst, and UNLEASH, their take on the HR trends of today – and tomorrow – in our joint annual HR Realities research. The results, unveiled at UNLEASH World Conference & Expo in Amsterdam to a packed audience, explore strategic HR challenges, future HR skills and investment, plus Artificial Intelligence (AI), analytics and the growing role of automation.
With in-depth analysis and reports to follow in the coming weeks, the headlines reveal the top trends that HR professionals and UNLEASH attendees can’t ignore, summarised in the infographic below.
- The need for a more agile approach to HR: increasing business agility now the #2 most significant challenge for 86% of HR professionals, second only to increasing performance and profitability
- HR systems are not fit for the future: over 2/3rds of HR professionals (68%) believe their HR systems are still not ready for the modern workforce
- Investment in HR tech continues to increase, with 76% planning to spend more over the next year
- With this comes a strong intention to change providers across all specialisms, from onboarding to payroll
- And the most critical driver for change continues to be the quality of the end user experience (UX)
- There is also no doubt that AI will be a huge part of HR’s future, with 95% of respondents seeing AI as impacting their strategy and 45% believing it will ‘truly significant’ in less than two years
The biggest challenge for HR though, may not be the changes in tech but a shift in mindset; getting away from a ‘parental’ or ‘command and control’ role and instead, focusing on revolutionising the ‘people experience’ – not just doing old things in a digital way. We’ll be exploring all this and more in the in-depth analysis that’s to come in the next few weeks.
The full presentation from the launch is now online and the 2018-19 headline infographic is available to download here.
Be sure to join us in London for more in depth discussion and analysis of HR Technology at UNLEASH Conference and Expo in London in March.
And thank you again to everyone who took part!